Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Awesome day!

Today after school we went with our kids down the road to another elementary school to feed them. It was such a great time! It was great to see more of the kids from around the area. The school was a very poor school, and the kids were so cute. It reminded me a lot of my past visit to the Philippines. I was able to get the kids laughing through a couple funny faces, and messing with their hats. The kids just seem to love when adults (or in my case big kids) come and play with them. Some of our kids put on a little show. It was just like the program they put on at our school. Only this time is was for these other kids.

Once our kids saw me playing with some of the kids they also came, but before that they were very standoffish. After the program they all got in line with various types of bowls and we proceeded to scoop soup into their bowl. We had about 5 big pots of chicken, rice, and vegetable soup. It was such a joy to see their faces coming to get fed. I'm able to make a couple funny faces, and they love it. It was funny to basically reenact the Oliver Twist scene over and over. The kids did come back for more. I was able to say "You want some more?!?" in an English accent, and then actually give it to them. I only took a few pictures cause I was having too much fun, but hopefully the picture will give you a sense of what was going on.

I've heard that we do this once a month, so I'm super pumped! It reminded me of Lowe Lane, which is a street our church has adopted. Through our church we are able to feed kids in the Roswell community. I really miss not being there, but this has definitely helped me cope. This was definitely one of the most memorable times I've had here, and I praise God for the opportunity to bring some food/joy into some of these kids lives!




1 comment:

  1. Amazing Josh - your humor is one of the best things about you. I'm so glad that you've found a way to connect and draw these beautiful children in. Keep up the good work and know that we are all here praying for you and them.

    ReplyDelete