Sunday, July 28, 2013


The Lord is good all the time!

The past few days have been very full. I’ve been able to get to know almost all of the boys now. I’m really starting to make some good connections with them so that’s very exciting! I’ve gotten my first taste of Pilipino pick up basketball. It a lot of fun, but I’m trying to get the boys to play man to man defense because playing zone defense in a pick up game is just ridiculous. They have people from the community come and play Friday and Saturday night. It’s a good time to get to know the people from the surrounding community a little even if it is just a nod and grunt here and there. I’m pretty sure I left my ultra competitive side back in Georgia, so thank goodness none of you have to pray for me about not getting into a fight!
            On Monday I’m going to start teaching so pray that I’m ready. Even though it’s just little kids I’m still nervous. I’m teaching them the sounds of the vowels tomorrow so I might revert to the honorable Dr. Moe Howard and his method of teaching the vowels. The big thing this past week at the school was the nutrition presentation. The kids put on a great show and each grade made a different healthy dish. I’ve got some picture of the festivities.
            I missed the actual feeding of the snakes! So I’m going to have to wait until next week. I did get a picture of the snakes after they swallowed the chickens, but hopefully next time I’ll get a video of it.
            The church service this morning was a great message. Even though I can only pick up the title of the message and the scripture verses I can still get a lot out of it. The title of the message was Are You Ready? Being ready to stand up for the Gospel was the main point of the sermon. It was a great rallying cry for any people sitting on the fence in their own Christian walk to get off and get into the battle. On a similar note how great is technology that I can’t listen to sermons from my own home church in Roswell, GA, and get some teaching that really feeds my soul! Amazing!
            I’m almost done reading a book by Charles Swindoll on the Apostle Paul. If you haven’t read it I highly recommend it. It has given me some much needed strength and advice as I’m going through this adventure. It has been such a good book for so many different topics in life. It really has become a book that I will be able to read and reread for the rest of my life.





No comments:

Post a Comment